In this course, participants learn a practical approach to Business Information Modeling. It combines conceptual sessions on business modeling theory and practice with in-depth, hands-on experience using Kalido Business Information Modeler, or BIM.
You are exposed to a wide range of modeling concepts, and encouraged to think about how to apply these concepts to your own model development. In addition, you learn how to use BIM in support of the Kalido Dynamic Information Warehouse (DIW) and Kalido Master Data Management (MDM) applications.
You get one week of unlimited access to a dedicated, cloud-based training environment which includes:
- Underlying infrastructure and access to all software components required to complete the course.
- A Training Center application that prepares the environment for each exercise and validates the successful execution of each exercise.
- A second ‘solution’ environment to enable you to see the expected results of the course exercises.
If I enroll today, can I start the course today?
Once you enroll, we need up to 24 hours to set up your virtual Training Center environment. We will notify you by email once that environment is ready. You can access the tutorial videos immediately after enrollment, but you need the Training Center to perform the exercises.
How long does it take to complete the course?
Plan on spending about 8 hours to complete the course. However, because it’s all online, you can spread the time out over 1 week and work through the topics and exercises whenever your schedule permits.
How should I set up my learning environment?
Courses are made up of a series of video lessons and hands-on exercises in the cloud. We recommend that you set up your learning environment in one of these ways:
- Work with two monitors:
- Keep the Virtual Classroom open on one
- Keep the Cloud environment with the Magnitude Training Center open on the other
- Use two separate computers, one for the Virtual Classroom and one for the Training Center
What if I have trouble with an exercise?
You have two options if you get stuck:
- Restart the exercise and run through the steps again. This restores BIM to the expected start state for the exercise. We also provide you with a solution environment, so you can see what your result should look like.
- Use the chat tool in the Training Center to receive step-by-step assistance, either through screen-sharing or text-based chat.
When is the chat tool available if I need help?
Monday-Friday for all hours except between 5:00 pm and 10:30 pm Eastern.